I’m Christian but whatever ideas you might have already about what it means to be Christian might not apply to me. I mean they might. It just depends what ideas you associate with “Christian.” There’s a whole mixture of ideas, good and bad, attached to that term. Only some of them apply.
Over the years I’ve blogged bits about religion, and you can find those blogs posts right here or you can also browse via: http://housefulofchaos.com/category/religion/
- “Is everything okay mom?”
- Skim Reading Not Recommended: On what it means to be (hesitantly) Christian
- A response to: “Do you think there is life after birth? Do you believe in mom?”
- Three very different books on the origins of Christianity.
- Luba and the Wren, The Magic Fish, greed and God in children’s books.
- Religion and Spirituality
- Challenges of Communication
- looking at the theology of God got a dog by Cynthia Rylant and Marla Frazee
Bible, politics and society
- religion and politics
- Inside the mall or outside: thoughts on the allegiance to capitalism.
- when religion again challenges me to stop spinning my wheels, but I don’t know how
- the gift of religious music
- Progressive Christian response to the book: Armageddon Factor: The Rise of Christian Nationalism in Canada
- the biggest problem in homeschooling circles
- science, math and religion, or how do you know what you know?
- A book about the Harry Potter books, and the many questions they invoke.
- Bible stories according to a knight in 1372
- Biblical history from a progressive Christian standpoint.
- in pursuit of an academic religion
- More Christmas books
- Two Amazing Interpretations of the Christmas Story
- Reasons to NOT Support Operation Christmas Child