I teach classes in Minecraft! My classes are interactive online classes. They meet at scheduled times in an online classroom and on my Minecraft server Cobblestone Academy.
Minecraft Blog Posts
Minecraft is an awesome program and there are plenty of ways to use it while homeschooling. It is great for writing or discussion projects, and I have a list of open-ended Minecraft questions for those willing to get their kids talking even more about minecraft.
Posts I’ve written about teaching math with minecraft:
- Minecraft math: multiplication practice
- Minecraft math: Sugarcanes
- Minecraft math: negative exponents (and stairbuilding)
- Minecraft math: power rails
- Minecraft math: automatic castle building
- Minecraft math: cloning and fill
- Minecraft math: Using NPCs
- My experience and plans teaching with minecraft
Videos on using Betonquest:
- Introduction to using the Betonquest editor
- Focus on getting NPCs to do things
- Making Minecraft madlibs
- Showcase of some of the things you can do with Betonquest, NPCDestinations, Sentinel and Citizens.
Recommended Minecraft Books
I’ve had people ask me what minecraft books I recommend. My children have enjoyed using Learn to Program with Minecraft: Transform Your World with the Power of Python.