Minecraft is an awesome program and there are plenty of ways to use it while homeschooling. It is great for writing or discussion projects, and I have a list of open-ended Minecraft questions for those willing to get their kids talking even more about minecraft.
Posts I’ve written about teaching math with minecraft:
- Minecraft math: multiplication practice
- Minecraft math: Sugarcanes
- Minecraft math: negative exponents (and stairbuilding)
- Minecraft math: power rails
- Minecraft math: automatic castle building
- Minecraft math: cloning and fill
- Minecraft math: Using NPCs
- My experience and plans teaching with minecraft
Videos on using Betonquest:
- Introduction to using the Betonquest editor
- Focus on getting NPCs to do things
- Making Minecraft madlibs
- Showcase of some of the things you can do with Betonquest, NPCDestinations, Sentinel and Citizens.
Recommended Minecraft Books
I’ve had people ask me what minecraft books I recommend. My children have enjoyed using Learn to Program with Minecraft: Transform Your World with the Power of Python.